Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Lecture II - The Unbelievable Goal of the Spirituality Life (M. Robert Mulholland Jr.)

It is not uncommon to tell that the goal of spiritual life is going to heaven. However it is more than that.

Spiritual Life is not something cognitive, intellectual, a list of do's & don't's, dogma, performance, popularity...etc. IT IS... "...a true awareness of God , renouce to self..." (Merton, Contemplation) An alternate mode of consciousness, a MYSTICAL EXPERIENCE: Life of a loving union with God.

What Paul said about mystical experience:

Col 1:19, "... all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell..."

Eph. 3:16-19, "... filled with all the fullness of God." Paul is speaking a reality of spiritual experience. A loving relationship that has rooted in us. An experience that surpasses knowledge.

Col. 3:3

Gal. 2:19b-20a ... "Christ living in me."

What Peter said:
II Peter1:3, "...life and godliness... knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and goodness."
II Peter1:4, "...escape from the corruption that is in the world beacause of desire, andmay become partakers of the devine nature."

What Jesus said:
John 14:15-23..."he will be in you... I am in you...reveal myself to them... we will come to them and make our home with them."
John 15:4-5: "Abide in me as I abide in you... Those who abide in me and I in them."
John 17:20-23: "that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you..." Jesus is praying for a relationship for us, the same are just as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, the world will see Jesus in us, when we live out this oneness. It is nothing to do with theology right.

The Unbelievable Goal of Spirituality: BE HIS PRESENCE TO THE WORLD. NO LONGER I LIVE, BUT CHRIST LIVING IN ME.

What is 'Spiritual Maturity'? -
Ephesians 4:13: 1. The unity of the faith and, 2. the unity of the knowledge of the Son of God, 3. to maturity, 4. to the fullness of Christ.

No comments: