Thursday, May 17, 2007

If Jesus Christ is God and died for me...

"If Jesus Christ is God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him." -- C.T. Studd (1860-1931)

As I come to your mighty present, I am stunned. As I come to know the testimony of your faithful servant, the "I" shrunk. At one point where I think I've done so much for you, a slap on my face as I heard C.T Studd's motto: "If Jesus Christ is God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him." What a cooincident that I wrote on a piece of paper the same statement before I heard it again at prayer meeting. My dear Lord must have touched my heart in preparation for my RXTTT short term mission.

Talking about sacrifice...

whether is attending sunday worship, making time for sunday school, prayer, bible reading, caring/loving others or reading book, even giving up our pride, personal preference or even our own live... the sacrifice will be done, as the fact that He died on the cross for us penertrates deeper and deeper into our soul that our heart melt for Jesus, then no sacrifice can be too great for us to make for Him.

David's motto always remind me... II Samuel 24:24 --

"I will not sacrifice to the LORD my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing." There's a cost to love God, offering is from our surplus if it won't even itches. While writing a check for offering, getting up from bed to do devotion and coming to worship, make it a pleasing sacrifice, a declaration of giving up self-preference of doing other stuff.

Jesus, I've been reserving too much for myself and too less for you. A life long lesson to learn, No Reserves, No Retreats & No Regrets for Jesus. Have mercy on me.

No comments: