Tuesday, January 27, 2009

In the Garden

God granted me a relax day at the Huntington Library. Nature is always where my heart can settle. My mind is set for the Chinese Garden. I made a few phone calls before I entered the Huntington Library. I am holding the map in my hands and busy figuring how to get to the Chinese Garden. My pace is fast and not quite relaxing… but God whispered to me in the cool of the day… Just like how He called upon Adam and Eve in Genesis. He blew to me the grassy smell of the fresh mowed lawn, the earthly raw plowed smell of the soil, the silky breeze blew across the cherry blossom trees, and the unthreatened winter sunshine shone on my face… I am embraced with a combination of nature caress… I slowed down my pace. My spirit started to sink in with His.

At a sunny day after a rainy weekend, this Monday morning is crisply clear. The earthly soil is still wet after the rain, my footprints can be clearly seen. Probably most people are staying home in their warm bed or at work, the environment is super great for a private walk with Jesus with no disturbance. Here I am, at the entrance of the Chinese Garden. I slowly walked by the Tai Lake rock, the bridge over the brook, and paused at the bower in the middle of the man-made lake. There are some duckling and the crane, they reminded me so much of HangZhou and ShuZhou where I was a few years ago. I closed my eyes. Jesus is there. My eyes are filled with tears. He knew every steps of the way how I made it here. I unloaded my burden and rest myself in His bosom. Jesus comforts my soul and soothes my melancholy emotion.

No comments: