Monday, November 10, 2008

Inner Strength

It is quite depressing to take in the things that are happening today. The fatigue comes from the anxiety of being helpless in situation. The future becomes more and more difficult, not in terms of financial crisis, but more to the morality and the internal cohesiveness of church, which we Christian called Unity.

Just this past weekend, I get to read the most familiar bible story of all, the return of the prodigal son. The story being told thousands of time and has been preached from different perspectives. Probably the most repeated telling of the scripture make the most impact. God has touched my heart profoundly. The Holy Spirit sits right at the wound on the brokenness of my heart. The Father’s love to the prodigal son, the love that enveloped the return of the sinner, the embrace that provided the rest, acceptance and peace calm the wounded spirit within me. While I am wrapping up my primary service, insecurity arises. It is a challenge, being taking to a territory of unknown takes courage and faith. I see myself like the prodigal coming home. Coming home with a brand new identity, being home not like a worker. Learning to live with the community I am so familiar with a different role. Yet, I am both excited and anxious. God has led me to this uncertainty for a growth of faith and courage to change. The intimacy with the Father is all it takes to overcome such anxiety. The solid relationship with the Father is what count for personal accomplishment. The humble kneeling before the Father is where the source of strength. The abandoning of me in the Lord is where security could be found.

In trembling steps, ushering into a new era of spiritual walk, building spiritual life but not ministry skills. And… Let home be HOME.

No comments: