Friday, January 11, 2019

井底蛙看世界 - 深入斯里蘭卡的熱帶雨林

1/11/2019 - Sri Lanka Day 12

深入斯里蘭卡的熱帶雨林🌳🇱🇰🌳

We arranged another local tour today to the Sri Lanka Rainforest and waterfall.  It requires a little bit of hiking so we decided to wear our sneakers but when the tuktuk/tour leader saw us, he said we should wear flipflops, so we changed to flipflops.  After half an hour of tuktuk travel time, we arrived at a rural area and the leader led us into the wood and between bushes, then I know why we need flipflops cos we need to walk into the creeks and brooks to the other side.  After several crossing of water, we finally reached the waterfall.  I am so happy that it was not too difficult.  NOT! The most adventurous thing is that we are to climb up the rocks to the waterfall with flipflops and crocs?! 😨 I don’t know how I did it... but it was accomplished!

I don’t know if I will be doing it again.  In a country lacking of basic safety knowledge, their car have no safety belt and people ride on motorcycles some with no helmet, the turtle conservation coordinator work with open ended electric cables above open water, I wasn’t told that this trip requires climbing of rocks.  Going with people without knowing your physical limitation, they will not care whether you are capable either.  Trying to catch up with the team rather not my goal but to take care of the step right in front of me is crucial. I admired at the youth of the teenager and the 24 years young girl, they are swift in walk, climbing and so ready to swim in the hilltop pond in their bikini.  My thought is... no way I will submerge my body in that water, even with clothes on, who in the world know what will be in it?  And it turns out there are tiny little fishes to do the fish massage again and I saw water mosquitoes sliding on the water surface.  Another lady from The Netherlands in our group, who is maturer than I am, she is taking her 1st on-herself-journey to explore the world, as she is so contained the first half of her lives with family and kids. She does like a happy little girl goes on her first picnic trip. I really like talking with her and listen to her stories and life wisdom. And she dies gave the same feeling how she could have accomplished this rain forest hike. 🎊

Life is full of responsibility and the older we get the more are in our backpack, young people travel light, they have high adaptation to the environment and accommodate easily.  Learning to grasp the flexibility between the two is another wisdom.  I am so impressed with the Tonja, the Dutch lady, she learned that one of the three sisters helping staff here do not possess a Sri Lankan gem which her two sisters does, as this stone represent good life, luck and health in their culture.  When we were at the mine which produce the unique Sri Lankan Blue MoonStones💎, she bought her a stone to complete her life. What a good deed Tonja is doing.  It is such a blessing to bless people with small gesture when this is just a minor cost to us, it means the whole world to a Sri Lankan. Bless her heart. 


有時候環境很不熟適,路徑也崎嶇,人人都只按著自己的步伐前進,孤身一人、沒有人在左右扶持,能把自己目前的一步站穩,學習少挑剔別人也不挑剔自己、按耐𥚃面的投訴,走到盡處就看見美麗的風景。神的創造使人心胸寬廣,自然也容得下別人的短處,更願意滿足別人的缺。人生的智慧,我們要走過多少個坎兒才懂?🧐

No comments: