Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fearful Tears turn to Joyful Tears

February 23 of 2009 is quite a tough day. Not that the Dow slides 200 some points and reached the lowest ever since who knows when. Suffocating news broke out one after another. First was an employee of our company who has been working with the company for years died of cancer at a young age. I met her once at office but talked with her on the phone numerous times. The atmosphere in office soaked in a dead silence. Then was my parents’ friend at church whose life is on the edge because of cancer, suffering from radical weight lost and unconsciousness. Life is fragile. I hold my breath and suck in my tears. A dear friend might possibly of leaving us involuntarily. Yet, another one texted me of being unemployed months after graduation, while another being laid off on the same day. It is no doubt that life is tougher than ever. Economic recession, health issue, unemployment threats, mental pressure… how shall we then live? And how we shall then cope with a world that is so different from that we used to live in? My tears can suck back no more while sharing with a dear brother of how things were and what lies in the future. Fear, endless fear. I then speak to the Lord of the gigantic restless monster within me with more tears coming down my cheeks. After we talked, I fell into deep slumber.

This morning, the Lord sent good news from afar. An unexpected letter received from a long disconnected source which was once a reliable spiritual support. Her diary of mission work in China brought to me a vision away from present. Worries, restlessness, uncertainties, distrust, fear and stress are nothing in comparable to the Lord’s ministry. An email from the same friend, who is seeking for an employment, is actively sending out resumes and setting up interviews to keep her career dream alive. Tears gathered up in my eyes at the threshold of spilling. God is working in life of those who live in Mainland China who have a heart to seek the truth of life. He is also working in the heart of who has been beaten up so badly in serving and now still sees hope for career. He must also be working in those lives that are so miserable of what lies in the future. Life is tough but God is good! The Lord who provides us daily bread will give us the exact amount of strength we need to live through the day. Amen.

“It is wonderful that, in spite of Israel’s seemingly inveterate backsliding, Yahweh remained faithful to his covenant. “– Through the Bible Through the Year

No comments: