Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Live a life worthy of the Lord

While I am coughing my lungs out these days and absorbing myself with all kinds of medication and inhaling mist days and nights, I am also submerging myself in God’ breath. Colossians is one of the favorite among the favorites.

"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." Colossians 1:9-14

It’s kind of a long passage filled with abundant substances which take quite a while to fully digest. Here are two points that I am pondering upon...

1. Pray for the spiritual wisdom and understanding
The result of praying such is that we will be living a life worthy of the Lord. The questions then will be I am living a life that is not worthy of the Lord. How dreadful and shameful it is to be a living spiritual entity, claiming and enjoying all God given blessing provident, however not living according to which that name should have acquired. I have to admit my poorness in spiritual wisdom because I am blind to see what lies beyond the presence. While the circumstance is not making sense at all, pray for wisdom.

2. God rescue us from darkness and brought us into light. In the midst of all the 'not-so-good' things happened around us that God would want us to pray in order to know His will and being strengthened with great endurance and patience. - which I decided to stop whining but to give praise to God that I am actually made qualified to the event, that requires endurance and patience, God particularly assigned to me, because those are, together with the good ones, inheritance from our loving Father.

Lord, please teach me how to live a life worthy of you, and rescues me from the darkness and bring me into your kingdom of life.

No comments: