Tuesday, September 11, 2007

All That Really Matters

More about All That Really Matters
A book sit on my bookshelf for so long, half finished. I had a meal with my old friend and reminds me that I owe her the book I borrowed, now I got my own copy.

Years ago I attended a conference, the experience was ok and Shelia Walsh is one of the speaker. At the time I was so into Nicole Johnson, another speaker at the conference, her book caught me. I didn't have a chance to re-read Walsh's until recently. The idea of "All That Really Matters" is simple - Following God Doesn't Have To Be So Complicated: is to love God with all we have and are, and to love others as we love ourselves. An excerpt from the book...

"Instead of focusing on loving God and others, we tend to cling to lists of rules and regulations. We imagine that if we do what we think is required, we can expect God to respond in particular ways...."

"What comes to our mind when we think about God is the most important thing about us. If we see God as our Lord, our Savior, our provider, the lover of our souls, then that will affect how we live, how we love, and what consumes us."

From time to time, I am so bounded by what I need to do, how I should react to circumstances and need to make those around me to be happy and in harmony, and that cause me to grow into fatigue and exhaustion. As I start to read the book again, God is challenging me to change. Tough… but gradually the spirit is simmering in my heart for such change. Today I knew Jesus to a new level…

Last week, I got a little gift from my friend, it’s a photo album, I love it so much. Thanks Roz!

No comments: